We asked our members for their favorite go to Crockpot recipes and put them all here to share with you! Can we just say that we are so hungry after reading these!
Chicken Burrito Bowls
*4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
*1 cup of your favorite store bought salsa
*1.5 teaspoons chili powder
*1 teaspoon ground cumin
*1 teaspoon minced garlic
*Juice of 1 lime
*1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
*1 (10 oz) can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
*Salt and pepper
*Cilantro lime rice
1.) Place the chicken in the crockpot and pour the salsa and tomatoes over the chicken. Next add the chili powder, cumin, garlic, lime juice, black beans and stir. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the chicken is tender. Once the chicken is cooked, either shred it or cut it into strips. Return the chicken back to the crockpot and stir, season with salt and pepper. Turn the crockpot to warm until you’re ready to serve.
2.) For the cilantro lime rice, I use the Trader Joe’s Jasmine Rice in the frozen section. Cook accordingly, then add some chopped up cilantro, little bit of lime juice and salt and pepper.
3.) Layer the cilantro lime rice and chicken mixture in bowls and add your favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, tortilla chips, avocado, etc.
Sausage & Cheese Tortellini
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage (We use HOT for the spice, but sub in the meat you’d like best!)
- 20 oz. Frozen Three-Cheese Tortellini (The Buitoni kind is in the specialty refrigerated case in the deli area of the grocery store. I pop them right in the freezer when I get home.)
- 32 oz. Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes – The kind that are seasoned with basil, garlic & oregano. If you don’t have the seasoned ones, you’ll need to add in your own seasonings.
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese or Neufchâtel Cheese – We use the low fat kind when using cream cheese.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (not pictured) for topping!
1. Take your cream cheese or Neufchâtel out of the fridge, and let it sit while you quickly brown your meat.
2. Add the sausage and tortellini to your Crock Pot. Pour the tomatoes, liquid and all, and broth over the top. Add your cream cheese to the Pot in chunks.
3. Give your Crock Pot a good stir to get everything evenly distributed, making sure the liquids are adequately covering the tortellini.
4. Cook on LOW for a total of 3 1/2 – 4 hours. Stir at 1 1/2 hours, and again at 3 hours, removing the lid for the last 30 minutes of cooking. This will give the sauce some time to thicken up. You can leave the lid off longer if you need more thickening time, but stir every so often.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts
- 16 oz. jar salsa mild or medium*
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 - ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 3 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
Place chicken breasts on the bottom of slow cooker.
Pour salsa and chicken broth into the slow cooker and make sure to pick up chicken breasts so some liquid gets underneath them.
In a small bowl, combine cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Toss to combine.
Add seasonings, beans, corn, and lemon juice to the slow cooker. Give liquid a good stir, cover, and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high.
Towards the last 30 minutes of cooking, shred the chicken. Let continue cooking for the last 30 minutes.
Serve chicken tortilla soup with tortilla chips, sour cream, cilantro and green onions. Enjoy!
Spinach & Feta Crock Pot Lasagna
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 12 to 15 no boil lasagna noodles
- 1 container (32-ounces) Light Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves , chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano , or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1 bag (8-ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2-1/2 cups Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese , divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese , divided
Lightly coat the inside of the crock pot with cooking spray.
Spread 1 cup tomato sauce on the bottom of the pot.
Arrange a layer of the no-boil lasagna noodles over the sauce. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, feta cheese, salt, pepper, chopped garlic, oregano, parsley and eggs; mix until thoroughly combined.
Add spinach and mix until well incorporated.
Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over the pasta.
Sprinkle a layer of mozzarella and 1/3 of the parmesan cheese over the ricotta mixture.
Top with a cup of tomato sauce.
Repeat these layers until all the ingredients have been used up .
Top the lasagna with a layer of lasagna noodles covered with tomato sauce and sprinkled with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
Turn off the crock pot and let stand 45 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Cut and serve.
Mississippi Pot Roast
- 1 (3-4 pounds) chuck roast
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4-5 pepperoncini peppers
Place roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle the top with the ranch dressing mix and the au jus mix. Place peppers on top of the mixes, and add the butter.
Cook over low heat for 8 hours. Serve with noodles, rice or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Crockpot Beef & Broccoli
- 1 lb boneless, beef chuck roast, sliced into strips
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- frozen broccoli florets (approximately 2 cups, or however many floats your boat)
- white rice, cooked
- In the slow cooker, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Add the beef slices to the liquid and toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on low, 6 hours.
- After the 6 hours, combine water and cornstarch, and stir until smooth. Pour into slow cooker and mix well.
- Add the broccoli, toss to coat, and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes to thicken up the sauce.
- Serve hot over white rice.
Body Back Chicken Verde!!!
- 3 lbs boneless chicken, skin removed
- 16 oz jar salsa verde
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drain and rinsed
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped, as a garnish
1. Throw everything in the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours and shred that chicken!
2. You can add rice, cheese, and/or sour cream for a not body back compliant but still delicious meal, too!
Slow Cooker Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water (TIP! To enhance the flavor of your dish use Swanson® Chicken Broth instead of water)
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
- Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.