This is an easy, healthy, and delicious meal from Erin at Well Plated! Our best advice, the cooking goes quickly, so we'd recommend to have your ingredients measured, chopped and prepared, before you begin. Another tip, add another vegetable here and there; asparagus, artichoke etc. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, finely chopped, about 1 cup
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 cups loosely packed baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepared brown rice, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium. Once hot, add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 additional seconds.
- Add the chicken, increase the heat to medium high, and let cook for 3 minutes, browning all sides. Stir in the soy sauce and black pepper. Let cook until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in the spinach a few handfuls at a time, letting the heat of the pan wilt it as you go. Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and basil. Cook and stir just until the basil is wilted, about 1 additional minute. Taste and season with additional salt or pepper as desired. Serve warm with rice as desired.