This is an easy, healthy, and delicious meal from Erin at Well Plated! My best advice, the cooking goes quickly, so I would have your ingredients measured, chopped and prepared, before you begin. I also add another vegetable here and there; asparagus, artichoke etc. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, finely chopped, about 1 cup
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 cups loosely packed baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepared brown rice, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium. Once hot, add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 additional seconds.
- Add the chicken, increase the heat to medium high, and let cook for 3 minutes, browning all sides. Stir in the soy sauce and black pepper. Let cook until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in the spinach a few handfuls at a time, letting the heat of the pan wilt it as you go. Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and basil. Cook and stir just until the basil is wilted, about 1 additional minute. Taste and season with additional salt or pepper as desired. Serve warm with rice as desired.