So, if there's one thing I'm not... it's a chef. I will be the first to admit that my husband knows his way around a kitchen WAY better than I do. And so, when I do cook... I need to make sure it's simple, easy to prep, and tasty. The slow cooker is my best friend and I'm always on the lookout for great recipes that are mom friendly... today it's meatloaf with cauliflower potatoes and green beans!
Meatloaf Slowcooker Recipe:
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 teaspoons dried minced onion
4 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, sage, and mushrooms in a large bowl. Crumble ground beef over mixture and stir well to combine. Shape into a round loaf; place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F (71 degrees C), 5 to 6 hours.
- Whisk ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl; spoon sauce over meat loaf. Return to slow cooker and cook on Low until heated through, about 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- And don't forget to plug in the slow cooker like I did this week!
- 1-2 head of fresh cauliflower or 1-2 bags of frozen
- 4 TBSP butter
- 2 T greek yogurt
- 2 T or more Parmesan (optional)
- Salt, pepper, garlic and other spices to taste
- Bring a couple quarts of water to a boil in a large pan and add cauliflower.
- Cook until tender
- When tender, put into large bowl and add other ingredients.
- Use immersion blender or hand mixer to blend until smooth and creamy. This is the most important step... chunks of cauliflower are a giveaway!
- Sprinkle with extra cheese if desired and serve warm.
Don't forget to add a side of greens!