Getting outside in the winter months is especially important for the mind and body. The air is fresh and crisp, so simply getting out into nature provides a nice break from spending more time indoors due to changing weather and temps. Also, when there is less sunshine in the sky, and, therefore, less natural vitamin D getting absorbed into our system, moving our bodies, even in a gentle walk around the neighborhood, can be a great mood booster (and after this year, we all need more of that).
Here are some ideas to get moving outside this winter (with your family or solo)...
- Layer up and take a walk around the block or a local park!
- Hit the slopes - take the family skiing, snowboarding, or sledding.
- Go ice skating at a local outdoor rink.
- Try snowshoeing or cross-country skiing.
- Go on a family nature scavenger hunt in your neighborhood and/or backyard.
- Wear bright colors, lace-up, and go for a run.
- Build a snowman and/or have a snowball fight.
- Workout whenever, wherever with FIT4MOM On Demand. Get a free week on us!
- Grab your BOB Gear® stroller (want one from Santa?? See our top-pick for a jogging stroller in our Gift Guide) and your kiddos, and do a quick stroller workout like this one below!
CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW FOR A QUICK VISUAL ONA FEW OF OUR FAVORITE MOMMY AND ME WORKOUT MOVES!